My passion is good leadership. It impacts the entire organisation and I believe that you need good leadership at all levels, from the very top to a junior team leader just starting out.
Working with leaders is about bringing out the best, developing what’s already there and learning new skills. Sometimes, business people find themselves in positions of leadership without a good understanding of what makes the difference between a successful manager and an outstanding leader.
Coaching encourages self-development and self-awareness and can help to support and sustain existing, new and emerging leaders.
After university I went into journalism, and trained as a broadcast journalist, producer and editor across both television and radio and worked for more than 25 years in the UK and Northern Ireland for ITN, Channel Four News and the BBC. After moving into management at the BBC, I became involved with coaching, mentoring and training, before leaving to set up my own coaching business.
I have travelled extensively for business and pleasure, including trekking in Peru and walking the Rift Valley in Kenya. I sing in two choirs, enjoy walking my dogs, play tennis not very well and have been involved for some years with the Brain and Spine Foundation.
“Career experience has given me a unique insight into some of the issues that arise within multi-layered businesses.”
A brilliant motivator and great at giving both gentle encouragement and a firmer “push” when needed.
I would like to thank you again for your support and guidance during the last week.
Thank you for your huge collaboration and support!
- MA Middle Eastern Studies (King's College, London) expected 2017
- MA Coaching & Mentoring Practice, Merit (Oxford Brookes University)
- BSc (Soc Sci) Hons (Southampton University)
- Cert de Civilisation Française (La Sorbonne, Paris)
- Association for Coaching Accredited Executive Coach
- Diploma in the Neuroscience of Leadership
- ORSC Alchemy: the Art of Creating Relationships
- ORSC: Organisational and Relationships Systems at Work
- Nancy Kline’s The Thinking Partnership Course
- Nancy Kline’s Time to Think® Foundation Course
- Accredited Time To Think® Facilitator
- British Psychological Society: Level A and Level B Occupational Testing
- NEO PI-R Accredited
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Accredited
- Hogan: HPI, HDS, MVPI Certified
- MTS 360 Trained Facilitator
- Work Interests Schedule Accredited User
- Belbin Team Role Accredited User
- Certified Confidence Coach using CBT
- Leading and Managing Teams (BBC); Coaching and Mentoring (BBC)
- Fluent French
- Fellow, Royal Society of Arts
- Associate Member, Professional Speaking Association
- Association for Coaching Full Member
- Past Association for Coaching UK Council Member and Head of Communications
- European Mentoring and Coaching Council